TALK TO OUR SAFARI EXPERT
+255 777 803 191
The 16 national parks and reserves that is located in Tanzania offer exceptional Mountain Trekking and hiking spots. The mountain ranges are both diverse in. Eastern Arc Mountains which are a chain of mountains stretching in areas of both Tanzania and Kenya comprises majority of mountains in Tanzania.
Here are the ideal mountain trekking places in Tanzania:
- Mount Kilimanjaro. With a height of 5895 meters, Mt Kilimanjaro is definitely one of the standout places in Tanzania and even in Africa. The snowcapped mountaintop, rocky hills, grassland plains make it diverse in its landscapes. Our 8 days mountain trekking tour package is ideal for experienced, first-time, or professional climbers.
- Mount Meru. Often used as a preparatory hiking spot for climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro, this is a dormant stratovolcano located at the center of Arusha National Park and considered one of the finest preserved mountain forest in Africa. The slopes are fairly fertile which hosts variety of wildlife and avifauna, specie of monkeys, and leopards.
- Mount Oldoinyo Lengai. Mount Ol Doinyo Lengai is a sacred mountain to the local Maasai people which they refer to as “Mountain of God.” It is an active volcano which erupts natrocarbonatite lava every once in a while. The hills and slopes are rich in natural vegetation making them ideal for hiking or trekking.
- Mount Usambara. Usambara Mountains are a mountain range in Tanzania situated in the northeastern part of the country. The lush fields and the forests paint this mountain with green which serve as a welcome retreat from game parks and cities of Tanzania.
- Mount Udzungwa. Known for its diverse wildlife and endemic species, the pristine plains of Mt. Udzungwa are exemplary of an ideal trekking spot. Somewhere between 30 to 40% of plants and animal species are native to this mountain range. With some effort and luck, you may also be able to see elephants, lions, leopards, buffalos, and endangered African wild dogs.
Kindly visit Time 4 Zanzibar to learn or inquire more about our Mountain Trekking packages.