TALK TO OUR SAFARI EXPERT
+255 777 803 191
Beaches of Tanzania are just as fulfilling as the safaris even though they don’t quite get the same recognition. The coastlines of mainland Tanzania and the islands of the Zanzibar archipelago are capable of providing a complete Tanzanian Beach Holidays experience. Apart from providing a relaxing beach environment, the islands in Zanzibar also have rich historical significance which saw the rise, growth, and survival of Swahili civilization.
Here are the main beach destinations of Tanzania:
- Zanzibar Beach. This is the main island in Zanzibar archipelago and now is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Also known as “Spice Island” for variety of spice production in this area, the beaches of this place is clean and water clear. There are also some great diving spots around it with vivid coral reefs.
- Pangani Coast. A small town in Tanzania along the coast of Indian Ocean, it is known primarily for its long history and cultural diversity. It is also known for breeding ground of green turtles and underwater coral reefs.
- Mafia Island. Probably the best island among others, this place is treasure trove for diving enthusiasts where the underwater hosts one of the healthiest ecosystem comprising of numerous fish species and coral reefs.
- Kilindoni Beach. Kilindoni is the main town of Mafia Island located along the coast. The only airport in Mafia Island is situated in this place.
- Bagamoyo Beach. It a historical trading town now prospered into a thriving travel destination with awesome tropical beaches.
- Mbudya Island. It is one of the four islands of Marine Reserve of Dar Es Salaam. It remains uninhabited till date and is only reachable by a 20-minute motor boat ride.
- Dar Es Salaam. It is one of the best coastal regions in Tanzania attracting a lot of tourists, and also prospering and developing quite rapidly. The tropical beaches are mesmerizing and peaceful. Other than the beaches, you can also spend quality time at the National Museum and Makumbusho Cultural Center which are dedicated to the Tanzanian history.
Zanzibar is an island partner within the United Republic of Tanzania,
The name “Pangani is named after the river which end up in this small town,
Mafia Island and its reefs are renowned as an excellent, world-class diving
Go on safari vacation or safari tour in Kilindoni, Tanzania. View pictures